Thursday, January 29, 2009

the little things

Pete and his tea.

Allison and her sushi.

Me and the dusty metal-work.

Chris and the icy branch.

My photo essay was made to show my friends and me looking at or interacting with the little things in life that make us happy. Pete seriously enjoys just chilling out and making tea almost everyday, Allison likes nothing more than to sample the delicious flavor of sushi whenever she can, I always become fascinated with really old metal-work, and Chris loves the delicate beauty of the natural world frozen in the confines of fresh ice. I chose to make each image a portrait because I love working with faces, though in retrospect I wish I would have thought out each portrait a little more and really worked at the compostition. For example, I really like the portrait of myself with the iron-work (not to sound vain). It's the way that the dark metal contrasts and interacts with the figure that I really like. In each picture I also chose to try and make the yellows really pop. To me, yellow is a very pleasing, warm color- thus I used it to kind of convey the sense of contentedness and simple joy I tried to illustrate in each.

No comments:

Post a Comment