Wednesday, April 22, 2009

been a little while in coming

Okay, so this blog post is a wee bit late. I started off on this project with NO idea of what to do. So after running the full gamut of ideas, from animation to puppet-making, I came up with the plan to make a three page webcomic thing. Of course, then the problem was coming up with something to actually make the comic on. Well, unfortunately for me, the end of the semester has brought about a massive creative slump/artists' block due to every other project colliding and a massive amount of stress. So once this project was taken off the back-burner the ideas began to flow again.

Late last week I began leafing through some of my favorite comics, and looking into my DVD collection to get some ideas for what I wanted to do.








The first three images are from the gender-bending musicals, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, respectivly. Next is an image of unused DVD art from one of my favorite cancelled shows, Invader Zim. Lastly are two covers from the wonderfully violent and darkly comedic comic, The Mask. So, what do all these delightful images mean? Well, thus far I have come up with the idea to do a story about a drag queen with superhero connotations and really wild art stylings (a la Invader Zim). You know, mild mannered John Doe during the day, but come night and Fiesty Wrigglesworth, Glam-Queen Rocker-Extraordinaire is unleashed upon the city. Something like that. Sketches and layout to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment